Friday, May 10, 2019

ROMANCING THE GOLD COAST 2020: Featured Author: LORRAINE HEATH


Book Obsessed Chicks and ROMANCING THE GOLD COAST 2020 are very proud to share a little interview with one of our awesome Featured Authors, Lorraine Heath. We are so happy to have her at the October 2020 Historical Weekend. 

1.       Please tell us a bit about yourself and what you write.

Born in England and raised in Texas, I have a deep love of both my heritages. As a result, I’ve written historical romances set in Texas as well as stories set in England. Sometimes I take English characters to Texas and sometimes I take Texas characters to England.


2.       How and why did you become a writer?

I’ve always loved writing and began writing my first story when I was seven. It was about a fisherman who fell in love with a mermaid.


3.       Was it hard for you to get published?

I began writing books seriously in 1990 and sold my first manuscript in 1993 so the journey was a relatively short one. However, I’ve received more rejections since I got published so my career has very much been like a rollercoaster ride but I wouldn’t want to be doing anything else.


4.       Who are your favorite authors and what do you read in your spare time?

I have too many favorite authors to list. I read all types of romance: historical, contemporary, romantic suspense, paranormal, etc. I love the variety that romance offers. When I’m not reading romance, I tend to read nonfiction books about the Victorian era and the people who lived during that time.


5.       What hobbies do you have?

I binge watch TV shows, travel, enjoy wine tastings.


6.       What is the hardest thing about being a writer?

Not to second guess the story I’m writing and worry that it’ll disappoint readers.
 

7.       If you weren’t an author, what would you do?

For 20 years, I was a government employee so I’d probably have to go back to that.


8.       Favorite hero and heroine from your books? Why?

Each hero and heroine is my favorite while I’m writing their story. I’ve found that they tend to be the characters that I need at that moment in my life so I look back on them all fondly.


9.       Favorite hero and heroine from another author’s books?

Will and Ellie Parker from Morning Glory by LaVyrle Spencer because they made me fall in love with the romance genre.


10.   What’s your favorite food and drink?

Favorite food is fried shrimp. Favorite drink is red wine.


11.   Why are you looking forward to Romancing the Gold Coast?

I’m looking forward to connecting with readers who love historical romance as much as I do. Although I read all sub-genres of romance, historical romance remains my first love and it’s always fun to be around people who enjoy exploring the past and appreciate it as much as I do.



No comments:

Post a Comment