Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Kilted Desire~ Sands of Betrayal by A.B. McKinley



First I want to start by saying that I was very skeptical about this book. I have a "thing" about men writing romance. Maybe it's my hangup, but that's how I feel. When A.B. McKinley approached me, I did voice my opinion, but I did say that I would read it then debate my feelings.

In Kilted Desire~ Sands of Betrayal we meet Scotsman, Scott Mclaren, a former British Special Forces soldier who moves to rural Ohio after being badly wounded in Afghanistan and having his wife leave him for another man while recovering from his injuries. While in Ohio, Scott places an online advertisement on a dating website and is quickly found by local almost divorcee and mother of two, Katie Johnson.

Both Scott and Katie are wary at first, but soon their relationship blossoms and they quickly find themselves in love with one another. Scott takes no issue with Katie still being technically married and jumps headfirst into the love affair. Soon Scott sees that he wants to spend the rest of his life with Katie, but in order to do so, needs to be able to take care of Katie and the girls. He takes on a six month contract in the Middle East protecting an American business woman.

Britney Parnell, the American business woman is a spoiled little rich girl who is used to getting what she wants, and she quickly decides she wants Scott. The only saving grace for Britney is that she is smart enough to take all of Scott's advice on her protection. When Scott rebuffs Britney's advances over and over, it only makes her more determined to have him, regardless of the known fact that Scott is with Katie.

Back home in Ohio, Katie is having her own difficulties keeping it all together. Her almost ex-husband refuses any support and she is faced with losing her house. The separation from Scott is hard on Katie, but she seemingly holds it together. When she finds out about Britney Parnell she immediately tells Scott she knows the business woman has her sights on him, but Scott laughs it off at first.

There are several twists and turns in this story that have the reader wondering what will happen next. Of course from the title, we know there is a betrayal of sorts but I won't be giving spoilers. I have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed this story, and finding out that it was 90% factual, just made me enjoy it more. This is A.B. McKinley's first book and at the moment he is writing another. I definitely will be watching Mr. McKinley closely in the future as I feel he has a great career as an author ahead of him.


SlĂ inte


~KIMBERLY~

4 Stars (Brilliant)

 3 Orgasms Read (Very Good)

No comments:

Post a Comment