Saturday, December 24, 2011

Thanks For An Amazing 2011





Yes, it’s my time to be all weepy now. It feels like this year has gone by in the blink of an eye. I have been blessed in so many ways. First, I have the best kids ever. Even though they always rag on me about all my book dealings, I know that they are happy for me. What other mom can say she has best selling authors in the house all the time? What kids can say they have been to author conventions with their mom? LOL mine may disavow any knowledge of aforementioned subject! Gabrielle, Jason and Daniel, I love you bunches!

Secondly, I have the most amazing friends. Without you I don’t know what I would do. You have all jumped on each endeavor that I have presented with wide smiles and eagerness to help me, whether it is starting our most awesome line dancing regimen, or planning an Author or Book event. You all know I am a bit of a control freak when it comes to how I want these events done and you do not try to take over, but you are all always there to help when I need. We have all had a fun year… One of ups and downs and I get through the downs because you’re all there for me. Holly, Denise, Penny, Terry, Kimberly, Jen, Margaret, Sara, Lorraine, Chris, Christine, Katie and Megan, Susan, Dawn, Joey… I LOVE YOU! Lisa Levigne and Jill Paulin from Canada.. I love you both. Richie and Suzanne, thanks for the line dancing! 

I want to thank my great friend, Denise Scarangella who has come quite a long way since we met. She has been dubbed my MINION by author Mari Carr and like it or not babe… I love it. Thanks so much helping me out with the Book Obsessed Chicks page. Thanks for joining me at RAW in Maryland, I would have been lost without you!

I want to thank each Author that has had any dealings with me and I can all call a friend. Terri Brisbin, you were my very first all out Book Club author in my home and I thank you for breaking the proverbial ice. We all had so much fun with you.

Cat Johnson  introduced me to her world of hot cowboys and gave me the most amazing dedication in her book “ A Cowboy For Christmas”. Cat you are one chica caliente and I am so happy I had you in my home.

Caridad Pineiro… what can I say? Lady you are one amazing chica and author. Thanks for coming the distance for only a handful of people. We were so grateful you did because you gave us all an awesome insight into the wonderful world of publishing.

C.H. Admirand, a super special thank you with lots of hugs and kisses! I told you in person what I think of you. Colleen you are very special to me. I consider you family. Thank you for being an ear and allowing me into your world. I know I will always have you near and I thank you for sharing a bit of yourself with me… of course with the girls too. Thanks for all the previews and trusting me with you works.

Stephanie Tyler, I was so intimidated to meet you in person but when you walked into my home it was like welcoming family. I was so sorry when you left. I had such a blast with you and am going to make sure you come back with Maya Banks and Larissa Ione in tow!

Kb Cutter and Margie Church… what an amazing extended weekend. I am sure you both were exhausted when it was finally over. Book Obsessed Chicks will never be the same after meeting you both. Thanks for your time and your knowledge, it was so appreciated.

Lisa Renee Jones, you were an awesome surprise and I am so glad that Donna Grant dragged you along with her. I am glad we could take you on a trip down memory lane of your old stomping ground. I hope you come back so we can support you!

To all the amazing authors I met at Lora Leigh’s Raw: Beth Williamson who will forever be my cousin from NC. I adore you and mom to bits. Amanda McIntyre and Sahara Kelly… you both befriended Denise and me right off the bat. You made me feel right at home and I love you both for that. Cheyenne McCray, girl… Evan Williams will never be the same without you. Thanks for the laughs and for allowing me to take a look at your upcoming works. You are a gem! Nikki Duncan, you are the LIFE OF THE PARTY! I can’t wait to see you again. Stephanie Julian you are such a sweet and talented lady. Thanks for hanging with us! Mari Carr and Jayne Rylon… OMG… I love you both.. Jayne I can’t wait to see you in a few short day! Mari, you better hurry and book that trio this summer because I am eager to see you!  Lori Foster, yes I was terrified to meet you. Thanks to Colleen, I was able to not pass out at hello! Lori you are such a dear person, so easy to talk to, thank you for EVERYTHING. Bianca D’Arc, you turned out to be such a surprise to me. I am so glad that I met you and so glad we got to spend time together. I hope we can do it again.

To my Facebook author besties, Chastity Bush and Gayle Donnelly. I wish you much success in 2012. Deborah Macgillivray (((HUGS)))

Donna Grant, a very, very special thank you for your willingness and your trust. I could have seriously been a crazed stalker chick, but you allowed me to be your friend. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your world. I will always remember that week forever. You are MY mini tornado and I love you like a sister. Keep on writing those hot Highlanders, my world is so boring without them!

I get a little weepy writing about Donna but I start to all out bawl when I talk about my ultimate… Lara Adrian… Lara, you were my introduction to this wonderful world of romance and I thank you for that. Meeting you in 2010 changed my life forever and for the better. Thank you for your Breed world and all the friends I have made because of it, like my bestie, Samantha Short. I remember Raquel Vega-Grieder pushing Kiss of Midnight into my hands, and was skeptical until she had me read THE scene… Raquel you know exactly which scene too!

Lara, you and John are so precious to me and I thank you for allowing me to spend time with you. You are the epitome of grace, and you are the most amazing author. There is not one thing you have written that I have not loved… yes; I love your Tina St. John books too. I count you among my best of friends and I am so looking forward to an awesome 2012 helping you out.

Okay, so I have cried on the keyboard quite enough. If there is anyone I missed, I apologize. I could probably write a short story out of all this, but I will spare you all. I wish you all a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY, HEALTHY 2012

~KIMBERLY~

1 comment:

  1. Happy Holidays Kimberly. I'm with you, it does feel as though the year flew: http://fabulosityreads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete