Sunday, November 7, 2010

Kimberly's First Book Club Night

Happy Sunday Readers! I hope Daylight Savings Time has made you all happy today to get that extra hour of sleep.
I wanted to share my first book club night with you all. About two years ago I started having "Chick Nights" at my house once a month. More times that not our discussions ended up being about books so I decided to switch it up a bit. I gave about 20 people a book to read. This time it was "Kiss of Midnight" by Lara Adrian. I gave them a month to read it before we met last night.
Well the night was great. Everyone had their opinions about the book and it was excellent for all to share. It's very refreshing to get opinions from different personalities and then to compare them to other books they have read.
At the end of the evening, I gave all a choice of continuing the series for next month's discussion or going on to another author. Everyone voted to continue with Lara Adrian's "Kiss of Crimson" for December.
Wish you all could join in!

~Kimberly~






2 comments:

  1. well shoot, looks like i'm never going to be able to come to these nights given i don't read :( but it looks like it was alot of fun ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the center piece. I am so not creative. Loved the book

    ReplyDelete