Thursday, February 18, 2016

#BOC CHEERLEADERS FOR ROMANCE PRESENTS ** JILLIAN STEIN**

Welcome once again to the Book Obsessed feature, CHEERLEADERS FOR ROMANCE. Today we have Jillian Stein. Always smiling and eager to help the romance community, Jillian has cemented her place there. We hope you enjoy getting to know Jillian.


Please tell us a bit about yourself…
Hi!  My name is Jillian Stein and I am the social media manager for the 1,001 Dark Nights series as well as International Thriller Writers.  I also own Read-Love-Blog J Oh, and I may be the social media helper for a few authors but I like to stay behind the scenes ;-)

When did you fall in love with the romance genre?
I’d like to say it was early on in life, but it wasn’t really until Twilight came out that I dove into the genre and I haven’t looked back since!

What made you decide to help spread the word about romance?
A good friend of mine had a friend who owned a blog and they both convinced me to give writing reviews a shot.  I did, and found a whole bunch of new friends, and a career, because of it and I couldn’t be more grateful!

Who are your favorite authors?
All of them! Ok, ok…I will give you a few: Tessa Bailey, Christopher Rice, Christina Lauren, Laura Kaye, Liliana Hart, Rebecca Zanetti, Larissa Ione, Lara Adrian, …gah! Too many more! Jay Crownover, Jennifer L. Armentrout, K.L. Grayson…ok I’ll stop now.

Do you have any advice for others who want to be romance cheerleaders?
Just go for it! You’ll find out you’re not alone in this amazing romance world and we all love to cheer our faves on as much as you do J

What new books have you been shouting out about lately?
Well, the one I just finished and raved about was Searching For Mine by Jennifer Probst.  SO SO SO good!

What do you do when you’re not shouting out about great books?
Play around on Facebook and Twitter…I seriously have the best job EVER :-D

Your Top 10 in Romance….
Rouge Rider by Larissa Ione
Staking His Claim by Tessa Bailey
Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Full measures by Rebecca Yarros
Her Forbidden Hero by Laura Kaye
The Circle Trilogy by Nora Roberts (I totally have to count that as one!)
Lover Unbound by JR Ward
Mean Streak by Sandra Brown (a sort of romance)
Kiss The Flame by Christopher Rice
Fangs But No Fangs by Kathy Love

Jillian with Liz Berry

Living in the Philadelphia suburbs with her husband, son, and many books, Jillian Stein turned a voracious appetite for reading into a successful book blog, Read-Love-Blog.  She also spreads the love of a good story as the social media manager for the 1,001 Dark Nights series and as serves as the Author Relations Manager for International Thriller Writers, Inc. 

7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for having me today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jillian is a real doll. I love seeing her at the various cons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Jilly <3 She is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the interview. I am going to check out a few of the authors you mentioned. Thanks Jillian. You are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the pleasure of meeting Jillian & Liz last year. Two amazing ladies! They are bring Romance to life and the 1001 dark night series is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best thing about Cheerleaders like Jillian, is that we always brinng the romance community together!

    ReplyDelete