Wednesday, June 11, 2014

FUN AT LORI FOSTER'S RAGT 2014- 10 YEARS OF AWESOME


In June of 2012, my not so evil Minion Denise and I set out with her family to our very first Lori Foster's RAGT (Reader, Author Get Together) in West Chester, Ohio. We were so happy with that conference that we have gone every year since and it just keeps getting better and better.

I started out just as a reader, an owner of a book club and someone wanting to meet more authors and readers who shared my love for books. Three years later, my book club has grown, and is busting at the seams, I am friends with countless amazing authors, and I now say I work with books for a living. I LOVE my job!

This 10th Anniversary of Lori Foster's RAGT was so much fun. It was a relaxing way to meet and get  to know so many people on all sides of the literary world, and to just sit down and get a chance to breathe. Lori and her fabulous husband, Allen, are always on the go, making sure that everyone and everything is taken care of. They both work tirelessly with the awesome group of helpers that make it all look so easy.
.

The two signings were chock full of amazing authors. This was the very first signing for some, one in particular is my very amazing author friend, Patricia A. Rasey, who debuted HAWK: Sons of Sangue #2 in print at the event. I can't tell you how proud I am of this lady. 


The one thing I absolutely adore about Lori Foster's RAGT is that there is never any pressure. You can do as much or as little as you want, and for the minimal price of $50 registration fee, you get so much. The hotel that it is held in is comfortable and the staff is so friendly. I have no complaints ever when I stay here. 

I want to thank Lori Foster and her staff for making this event one of the highlights of my year. I will most definitely be back next year and hopefully for many years to come. There are so many other people I would like to thank, but I would have to go on and on. My Book Obsessed Chicks are spectacular and I am so proud of them all. I am honored that they all want to be in my book club and wear the t-shirt so proudly!

 CAN'T WAIT TO  SEE EVERYONE AGAIN NEXT YEAR!!!!!!





~KIMBERLY~

2 comments: