Thursday, February 25, 2016

#BOC CHEERLEADERS FOR ROMANCE PRESENTS ** SANDRA SOUSA**


Greetings all and welcome to 
CHEERLEADERS FOR ROMANCE.
27 years ago, I married into the Portuguese community here in Mineola, NY. I learned to speak the language rather quickly and have been to Portugal several times. Through the magic of Facebook, I discovered lovers of the romance genre all over the world and immediately was drawn to the romance realm in Portugal. Having met a few awesome bloggers and romance readers online who are very serious about the genre, it's only fair that I spread the word. So without further ado, here is the lovely, Sandra Sousa, who not only blogs about books, but talks about it on her local television station.




Please tell us a bit about yourself…
I'm 29 years old and I studied educational psychology but right now I do not work in the area. I'm working with the mayor in the city hall where I live. I was born in Venezuela but then came with my parents to Madeira-Portugal.  Firstly I love books. I love to read them and smell them ... I love everything that has to do with books. I consider myself an empathetic person and who is a friend of his friends. I love to make people happy and I am very dreamy. Always believe the best in people ...


When did you fall in love with the romance genre?
I am a romantic person from an early age. Always I liked fairy tales and when I was 13 I first read the book "Wuthering Heights" by Emily Bronte. From then on I never stopped reading novels.

What made you decide to help spread the word about romance?
Four years ago I read a lot and eventually forget what books I had read so decided to create a blog where i put the books I read. Over time, the blog evolved and many people commented and began to follow me ... So I decided to make it more professional and to advertise something that I loved. I love it when people do not read a lot and now say they love novels because of me.

Who are your favorite authors?
I love many authors, it is so hard to choose! But I love:
Nicholas Sparks; Madeline Hunter; Eloisa James; Kate Pearce; Paulinna Simons; Florencia Bonelli; Jojo Moyes; Jude Deveraux; Robyn Carr; Dorothy Koomson; Nora Roberts and many others!

Do you have any advice for others who want to be romance cheerleaders?
If you like you just have to share it because eventually you gonna reach several people and will help many writers.

What new books have you been shouting out about lately?
I'm very limited to what is published in Portugal. But lately I have been reading some series that I loved. They are: Chesapeake Bay Saga by Nora Roberts; Castles Ever After by Tessa Dare; The Rules of Scoundrels by Sarah MacLean. They are romantic and fun.  I'm addicted!

What do you do when you’re not shouting out about great books?
When I'm not talking about books I am in my new house with my fiance (yes I'm engaged!), With my family or with my friends. I will also talk on television about ... guess what ... books! I write for the local newspaper and enjoy making desserts. .  I love to talk, take long walks in the evening when you get to see the setting of the sun. I love watching romantic movies that make me cry a lot and love to watch horror movies just like watching TV series. I like to be alone at home with my dogs, quiet and calm. I do not like confusion and places with lots of people.

Your Top 10 in Romance….
This one is difficult for me…but here it goes:
The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman #1) by Paullina Simons

Me Before You (Me Before You #1) by Jojo Moyes

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Saga Bridgertons by Julia Quinn

 

Dark-Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

 

Black Dagger Brotherhood by J. R. Ward

 

O Quarto Arcano - O Anjo Negro by Florencia Bonelli

 

O Quarto Arcano - O Porto das Tormentas by Florencia Bonelli

 

Wallflowers series by Lisa Kleypas

 

Kendrick/Coulter/Harrigan series by Catherine Anderson





 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment