Friday, November 1, 2013

Michelle Boone's Review of BIANCA D'ARC'S ~ RED ( Tales of the Were ) ~




A water nymph and a werecougar meet in a bar fight... No joke.
Steve Redstone agrees to keep an eye on his friend's little sister while she's partying in Las Vegas. He's happy to do the favor for an old Army buddy. What he doesn't expect is the wild woman who heats his blood and attracts too much attention from Others in the area.
Steve ends up defending her honor, breaking his cover and seducing the woman all within hours of meeting her, but he's helpless to resist her. She is his mate and that startling fact is going to open up a whole can of worms with her, her brother and the rest of the Redstone Clan.
Trisha's had to hide her special abilities most of her life, but with her brother's Army buddy - the guy they call Red - she's finally free to be herself. He calls to her in a way she's never experienced before and while bad guys keep trying to abduct her, he's her safe port in the storm. But can such dangerous beginnings lead to a life-long love?
Warning: This cat loves water and he doesn't really care who's watching.
In the latest addition to the Redstone story we get to see more of Steve. I couldn’t wait to read his story after getting a glimpse of him when he “helped” his brothers mate out during her needing. If you don’t know what I’m talking about then you haven’t read the previous book and you NEED to go back and read it first.
When you’re reading this story you can actually picture each scene as if you were there. I’ve only been to Las Vegas once myself, but with her detailed descriptions I had no problem imagining each setting. She had me falling head over heels in love with Steve Redstone within the first few chapters. The single minded way he focused solely on his target to protect without knowing she was his mate, but because she was his friend’s baby sister. Yep total alpha male had me at go. But she kept me hooked by making him not the dominate unbending jerk we hate, but the soft sweet man we all want and love.
Of course what makes a really good romance other than an incredible hot hero is an equally strong willed, smart and independent woman named Trisha. Miss D’Arc ticks all the boxes and then some in Red. I couldn’t stop reading and by the end I was so in love with Red, I was disappointed to see I had finished the book. But I do have the happy knowledge that she introduced so many wonderful characters in Steve and Trisha’s book that I know I’ll be getting more from the Redstone Clan, not to mention Trisha has some pretty yummy brothers that I’m hoping will probably get their own stories too. HINT HINT Bianca D’Arc if you’re reading this J

Reviewed by Michelle Boone


1 comment: