Thursday, April 14, 2016

CHEERLEADERS FOR ROMANCE PRESENTS ~SHARON SLICK READS~










Hey there Slick!  Thanks so much for being here and answering my questions. I chose you for CHEERLEADERS FOR ROMANCE because you are a pulse on the romance genre and you always throw in your hat to promote what you love! 
Thanks for having me Kim! Glad to be here.



Please tell us a bit about yourself…
I've been happily married for almost 30 years and have a 26 year old son.  My husband and I love to travel and both enjoy photography as a hobby. I of course love to read and consequently I hardly every watch television.  I was born and raised in Texas and still live here, but would love to live someplace else someday.  I am a substitute teacher and spend a lot of time with kindergarten age children whom I adore.
When did you fall in love with the romance genre?
I've been reading romance type books for as long as I can remember.  I read a lot of young adult romance, but discovered my aunt's Harlequin romances at about age 11. Then after having my son, I got out of the habit of reading but back when the Twilight series was released and all of the 5th and 6th grade girls at school were talking about it, I had to see what was making even the non readers pick up a book and as they say the rest is history.  I began reading avidly again and haven't stopped since.
What made you decide to help spread the word about romance?
When I read books I really loved I'd leave a review on Amazon and somehow I started seeing reviews from Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews and started visiting their site a lot.  About 6-9 months after that they put up an ad that they were looking for reviewers, so nervously I applied and I was accepted and the rest they say is history.  It has been a wild ride and I have made some of my best friends ever since joining the team there.
Who are your favorite authors?
Wow that is a loaded question because I have so many but I will say my favorite kid book authors are Eric Carle, Laura Numeroff, and David Shannon.  My favorite adult authors include Colleen McCullough, Louisa May Alcott, Richard Bach, Lorelei James, Lexxie Couper, A.M. Arthur, Marie Harte, Lori Foster, Jill Shalvis and so many, many more. I could really go on forever with this, I have a lot of authors that I read regularly.
Do you have any advice for others who want to be romance cheerleaders?
Just do it, if you love an author's work the best thing you can do for them is share your love for their work. Talk about their books, review them, share favorite quotes on social media, and build the buzz. I feel it is the least I can do for the people who keep me entertained day in and day out.
What new books have you been shouting out about lately?
Some of my recent favorites include This One Moment by Stina Lidenblatt, Take Me Home Tonight by Erika Kelly and some upcoming releases that knocked my socks off La Vie In Rose by Lydia Michaels, Listen To Me by Kristen Proby and To Live Again by L.A. Witt.

What do you do when you’re not shouting out about great books?
Read, travel, garden, and spend as much time outdoors as possible!

Your Top 10 in Romance….
I'm going to cheat here because some of these are series, but they are such favorites that I can't pick just one and even picking these I feel like a Mom trying to pick her favorite kid!
The Rough Rider series by Lorelei James
The Wild Irish Series by Mari Carr
The Heart of Fame Series by Lexxie Couper
The Bradford Family & Friends series by Erin Nicholas
The Hard Ink Series by Laura Kaye
The MacCauley Brothers by Marie Harte
The Portland Storm series by Catherine Gayle
Causing Havoc by Lori Foster
The World As He Sees It by A.M. Arthur
Where There's Smoke L.A. Witt


`                                              




No comments:

Post a Comment