Wednesday, January 28, 2015

REVIEW: Ace's Wild (Hell's Eight #7) by Sarah McCarty

Ever since the bristly complicated, school teacher, Petunia Wayfield arrives in Simple, Texas, Hell's Eight Brother and local card hustler, Ace Parker is constantly on a bed of nails when dealing with Petunia. She brings out the best and the worst in the handsome cowboy, but due to his lascivious yearnings, he tosses aside any inclinations towards the pretty Petunia. 

Petunia claims she is only in town long enough to save the money she needs to open up her school in California so she can teach, but she lingers because she has developed some deep seeded feelings for the brooding cowboy, Ace. Ace knows that Petunia is out of his league, and when he offers her the deal of a lifetime to take the money and run, Petunia, or Pet and Ace calls her, doesn't know if she truly can leave town. 

Sarah McCarty's Ace's Wild is the seventh installment of the Hell's Eight series. A series I have loved since its inception, I was not overly impressed with this one. After such a strong and emotional story like Caden's Vow, I was expecting more. The story itself was well written and I truly enjoyed when Petunia truly see the man that Ace has hidden from her. Petunia and Ace are strong and interesting characters and their resolution is a fine one. 

~KIMBERLY~

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review. I just picked up my copy yesterday so I'm anxious to read this one myself.

    ReplyDelete